I BELIEVE in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy universal* Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
1. Christ-centered: confessing Jesus as Lord (Matthew 16:13-20, Romans 10:6-15)
• valuing all shapes & sizes (e.g. church models, styles, traditions, etc)
• theological unity centered in Jesus, as defined by the apostles creed
• "In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love” –St. Augustine
2. Catalyzing relationships: across visible & invisible lines (e.g. racial, denominational, socio-economic, etc.) (John 13:34-36; John 17)
• developing friendships among pastors & leaders
• connecting congregations through service, worship, & prayer
• fostering & guarding unity among the Church in KC
3. City transformation: bringing spiritual and physical wholeness to our city (Micah 6:8-9, Isaiah 58)
• shared vision: listening & learning from those closest to the need
• broad partnerships: collaborating with leaders most invested in meeting those needs
• strategic initiatives: leading to a year-round movement